Join Chef Jenna Arcidiacono, famed owner of Amore Trattoria Italiana, as she teaches local comedian Kaira Williams some of her favorite cooking techniques!
Join this funny duo and watch as they cook! Ingredients are listed below for you to try at home after the event.
Simple Quick Italian Meal on a Budget!
5 Ingredient 5 Minute Tomato Sauce
- 1 16oz can of crushed tomatoes (Cento brand is my fav)
- 1/2 medium onion diced
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Fresh Basil (to taste)
- Sea salt to taste
- (*dash of ground ginger – optional)
- Sauté onion in olive oil until lightly browned
- Add can of tomatoes & stir
- Add basil leaves and salt to taste
- Cook 1 lb of your favorite pasta of choice and mix with sauce!
- Top with Parmigiano Reggiano
Easy Lemon Salad
- 1 package romaine or arugula
- 1 lemon
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Sea salt to taste
- shaved parmigiano reggiano *optional
- 2 cups of semi sweet chocolate chips
- 3 tbsp butter
- 1/4 cup of cream
- 1 tbsp of your favorite liquor
- Melt butter in pan and add cream
- Slowly add chocolate chips on low heat until melted then add the liquor
- Let the mix set in your refrigerator until it’s hard
- Roll small balls of the chocolate in toffee bits
Inverno Old Fashioned
- 2 oz bourbon
- 1 tbsp blis bourbon barrel aged maple syrup
- 1 oz Tuaca
- 3 dashes of bitters
- 1 amarena cherry
- 1 large ice cube
Jenna Arcidiacono’s first job at age 14 was slinging chili dogs and root beer floats at Cook’s Drive-In in Kentwood, Michigan. Slowly, she began realizing that cooking was more than just a way to pay for her stirrup pants, music cassettes and perms. She soon moved to East Lansing where she received her BFA at MSU while working in restaurants near campus. Wanting to live in a big city after graduation, she moved to San Francisco where she fell in love with the city and a handsome Italian who was visiting from Milan. After living in Italy for 3 years and spending time in the kitchen with her new mother in law, her passion for Italian Casalinga cuisine grew stronger. Jenna worked for small businesses, corporations and also tried few of her own small entrepreneurial ideas. She finally realized it was time to take the leap and open Amore Trattoria Italiana in 2010. Her dream was to bring back the mom & pop feel by using locally sourced products and meeting her guests in the dining room much like dinner at home. Her and Maurizio are proud to continue winning multiple awards during their 11 years of business. She continues to learn by hosting culinary trips all over Italy twice a year with Onward Travel. She may also be slightly obsessed with comedy.
Kaira Williams is a comedian, author, and one of those old people on TikTok. Her comedy recounts the absurdities of being a childless, single 30-something in the Midwest, and she can name five things about you just by looking at your shoes. No stranger to the Laughfest stand-up stage, Kaira also co-wrote and starred in the 2020 Laughfest smash hit, “Grand Rapids: The Musical” and brought Mayor Bliss to tears (of laughter, probably). Kaira was voted one of the Top 3 Favorite Comedians in West Michigan by readers of Revue Magazine in 2017, 2018 and 2019 and is pretty sure it’s her fault that category was eliminated in 2020. If you want to see insider her brain, you can read her book, “I’m Fangirling: Snarky Stories & Boyband Memories”, or follow her on social media.