Signups for LaughFest Showcase applications are closed. Thank you to everyone who submitted an application. We’ll be notifying applicants in mid-January about their participation in the showcases.
NEW FOR 2017…
- Application Fee. This year we have added a small application fee to assist festival costs. Sign up by December 11 and the fee is only $15; after that it is $25. For your $15 application fee, you’ll receive some great benefits!
For your application fee you will receive…
- An automatic $5 donation to the High Five campaign benefitting the children’s grief, cancer and in-school emotional health programs provided by Gilda’s Club Grand Rapids
- $5 discount on designated LaughFest shows
- Access to networking events and workshops
- No more categories. We are eliminating our stand-up categories of amateur, semi-pro and pro. Shows will be made up of mixed levels of talent. This change will create a diverse lineup and should bring in larger audiences, therefore making it a better experience for our performers.
- Performers will be assigned to their specific shows versus self-selecting their shows.
- There will be a special show for first time stand-up performers. This will be a show specifically for those who are trying stand-up comedy for the first time or have less than a handful of shows under the belt.
- We will have a limited number of spots for 2017 and taking applications on a first come, first serve model.
Other things to note:
All showcases will be non-ticketed, free of charge events for LaughFest fans to attend. At the show attendees might be asked to to make a $5 High Five donation.
Please know if you’re looking to participate in the National, Best of the Midwest, or Clean Comedy Showcases, they have already been booked for the 2017 Festival.
Showcase participants are not compensated for their performances and are responsible for their own travel and lodging.
For questions about LaughFest showcases please contact LaughFest Showcase Coordinator, Laura Melendez, email@example.com or call 616.453.8300×116.