WHAT IS “YELLOW UP” & WHY?
Help us celebrate the start of LaughFest 2018 and raise awareness for “the serious behind the funny”. LaughFest brings together a diverse audience of children and adults every March to honor laughter as an essential part of emotional health and wellbeing.
The festival also raises awareness for a very important cause – supporting families and friends on a cancer or grief journey, helping them find their smile in the face of some of life’s emotionally tough stuff.
All proceeds from LaughFest benefit the programs offered through Gilda’s Club Grand Rapids – a free community with a comprehensive program of education, structured sharing times, networking, lectures, workshops, and social activities designed to support emotional health. To learn more about Gilda’s Club Grand Rapids, visit www.gildasclubgr.org.
HOW TO YELLOW UP:
· Update your profile photo on social media with our #yellowup twibbon filter.
· Stake a yellow smile yard sign in your yard or business. (You can pick one up for FREE at LaughFest Central beginning March 5th, while supplies last!)
· Check out our Pinterest board for more ideas and inspiration like yellow fashion looks, delicious yellow treats like gooey lemon butter cookies and mango lemonade, dogs dressed like yellow bananas and more!
· Tag us in your photos on social media
· Use hashtag #yellowup
· Follow @laughfestgr on social media and keep your eye out for competitions and prizes!
· Tell someone you know about Gilda’s Club Grand Rapids, “the serious behind the funny” of LaughFest
· Join us the many free and ticketed events throughout West Michigan, March 8-18! See the full schedule here.